Emerging Leaders Programme
In 2018, the ANZLF Co-chairs shared an aspiration that younger business, political and community leaders would become engaged in the challenges and opportunities of Closer Economic Relations trade agreement between Australia and New Zealand. Members of the Global Shapers Community Hubs from Australia and New Zealand, proposed a partnership to achieve this aspiration to advance the understanding and action on bilateral issues.
The Emerging Leaders Programme is a network of younger professionals who commit to advancing the Australian and New Zealand relationship. The purpose of the network is to share ideas and experiences that develop regional leadership capability and advance the understanding and action on bilateral issues. The network is structured through an executive team and regional nodes. The Co-Chairs and executive team coordinate the network by developing regional nodes and supporting the ANZLF Secretariat with their agenda. Regional nodes seek to build networks of younger people interested in the ANZLF mission, and organise semi-regular discussions, debates, or other activities that develop the network. Bi-annually, a physical forum is hosted by either Australia or New Zealand where members of the Emerging Leaders programme are invited to participate.
Join the network:
By becoming an ANZLF Emerging Leader, you are able to:
• Collaborate on solving issues relevant to Australia and New Zealand
• Lead or contribute to a trans-taxman project or activity
• Attend virtual sessions with the wider Emerging Leaders network
• Engage with other local and overseas nodes
• Apply to ANZLF bi-annual forums
• Apply to be part of the executive team
Successful applicants are:
• Committed to working to improve the two nations
• Interested in developing their leadership potential
• Work well in teams and are collaborative in spirit
• Between 18 - 40 years old
To apply to join the Emerging Leaders Programme, please email [email protected] Please regularly check your emails to see if you are invited to take part in the next round of recruitment, and follow us on LinkedIn for updates.
To read about the 2019 ANZLF from the view of one of our Emerging Leaders, click here.